Saturday, February 28, 2009

Under the Weather


No fun post this weekend in the Haynes household. Trent has the Type A flu virus,which we' ve been told is the worse type to get; and I'm having to take medicine so that I MAY not develop it. He started feeling bad around Wednesday night and then ended up coming home from work mid-day on Thurday with a high fever. It pretty much went downhill from there. I was scared that he had strep because one of my patients that I see after work had gotten it, but no-the FLU...He ran 103 temp on Thursday night, and finally went to the Dr. on Friday. I don't think I've ever seen him this miserable. So! He is not suppose to be around people for 5 days-which I don't think he really cares about, because he hasn't even wanted to get out of the bed....On another note...I have put my good wife skills to the test! I spent over an hour in Wal-mart on Friday after work trying to pick up the $120 meds, since they were the only ones that had them. And since we had never bought meds at Wal-mart, it took them forever to get our insurance straight. Then I finally got home around 6:30 last night and proceeded to make HOMEMADE chicken noodle soup for my sweet husband. Which surprisingly turned out really good! ....and it felt really good on his throat. So...No fun weekend planned for us besides staying in and getting better! It's kind of a gloomy weekend anyway. We have weather in the high 60s this week and then a forcast for snow this weekend-GO FIGURE!
*Side note-Picture above is not from today, but Prissy and Trent both looked a little sad in it and that is how we feel right now. GO AWAY FLU!

No comments: