Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My Sweet Husband


I truly have been blessed by marrying one of the sweetest men on earth. Don't get me wrong...We are both stubborn and opinionated-and butt heads quite often. However, his sweetness surprises me when I least expect it...

Trent was not excited about a meeting he had today with one of his "problem children", his mother, and the school counselor. The child has done nothing but act out aggressively since the first day of school, so I've truly seen Trent be a man of patience over the past couple of weeks...Monday a meeting was called for today, after Trent had asked for support several times from administration-which can sometimes be like an Act of Congress....Trent prepared for the meeting last night, as this was his first parent meeting over issues at school. I said a prayer for him last night and this morning, asking for God to give him the words to say to the parent and that she would have an understanding nature. Then I said a prayer for the child, and I prayed for Trent to be a Godly influence in the child's life. (90% of Trent's children come from broken homes where many of them do not have a father figure.)...Then my husband sent me a "positive" text after his meeting was over. Very brief. Just said everything went "ok." So of course, I needed more info. And then he responded..."I just thought about what you would say and that's what I said.! The mother was very receptive to my thoughts and ideas."....Man, I sure him GLAD that I prayed for him last night-and my husband sure does know how to suck up.

3 comments:

Teresa Lee Photography said...

Aww.... this story reminds me of why my brother is so special. He's always had that laid-back-don't-stress-and-it'll-be-fine attitude. Good things will happen for him because he has that quiet strength and patience (learned from Dad, I'm sure). I'm glad it all worked out and am very proud of you, lil bro. You, too, Amber!

Robert @ Teresa Lee Photography said...

We are so proud of both of you. Amber- Thank you for loving Trent the way you do.

Rob

Rebekah said...

Very cute! Thank GOd for sweet hubbies!!!