Wednesday, October 8, 2008

How bout THESE melons







Trent decided to get a green thumb around mid July and plant a watermelon plant in our backyard. This was his first time to ever plant one, and he said he just wanted to see what it would do. As you can see we are having a late harvest and it's taking up a nice section of our backyard...He said next year we are going to plant watermelons and pumpkins. Who knows, maybe we'll be gathering pumpkins next Christmas. Who ever knew that my husband would turn out to be a little farmer?

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I can't believe you are growing watermelons in your backyard! Now maybe you can have fresh fruit all winter!

Teresa Lee Photography said...

I have seen that plant... er... FIELD... and these photos do not do it justice!! It's gotta be some kind of world record! I love it!

Laura said...

You too are so funny!! I just looked at your pics on teresas website. WOW!! Yall are so photogenic. What great memories!