Sunday, March 6, 2011

Playing catch up...

Wow! Where has the time gone? I don't even know where to start as it's close to a month since I posted anything. For starters...3rd trimester hit with a bang! We had a little scare around mid-late February. I had some weird pains one Thursday night and hadn't felt Ava move just a whole lot that week. This didn't really alarm me as she has not been a real active baby. But I called my OBGYN on Friday anyway, just to me on the safe side. They had me come in to do an exam and by a fluke chance at this Dr.'s visit determined that my cervix was a little short at that point in the pregnancy. The Dr. who saw me that day put me on bed rest for the weekend and scheduled a follow up visit for Monday, which needless to say freaked me out! I went in that Monday and they determined my cervix hadn't changed any, so that was good news! Basically from what I understand, is that your cervix shortens as your pregnancy progresses. So the fear would be that as she gets bigger and starts pressing down, my cervix won't be able to take it. The ultrasound tech reassured me, though, that she has monitored a woman all during her pregnancy that still ended up having to be induced in the end. So the good news right now is that my cervix is holding it's own, they are going to monitor it, and the longer she stays in there, the better...even though we are so ready to hold her! On a side note- If I get put on full bed rest, I'm not sure Trent's going to be able to handle it!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 29 week...and 2 days!
Size of Ava: 2 1/2 lbs and about the size of a butternut squash. (I think she probably weighs more than this as she was about this weight 2 weeks ago.)
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 10-11 lbs *I think. Our scale is broke, and we're too cheap to replace it right now. I really need to get on that. But I'm basically wearing the same clothes that I've been wearing the past couple of weeks.
Maternity Clothes: Definitely on the pants...still able to wear "some" regular tops. It's about time to go Spring shopping.
Gender: We cannot wait for Baby Ava to get here!
Movement: Some days she moves more than others, but for the most part she is still a pretty tame baby. She loves to respond to music!
Sleep: I sleep walk to the bathroom at least 5 times a night, and my body tends to get real sore if I lay on one side for an extended period of time.
What I Miss: Right now...Sleep!
Cravings: I had a craving for sherbet today and could have killed for an icee last night at Target-but the machine was out of order.
Symptoms: Expanding belly. Trent said my belly gets bigger each week-at least it's for a great purpose!
Best Moment This Week: I'm just so thankful to be pregnant and each week she stays in there and I feel her move, it's just reassuring that she's growing and everything's going to be alright.
And we had a FUN moment this week...Ava's first baby shower. Pics are below!
School Shower: March 3, 2011

Pics of her mommy and daddy to greet the guests

I didn't get a pic of what all she got. I'll try to get one later. We are SO thankful for all of my coworkers/friends. She is a lucky little girl to have such wonderful people in her life.

Ava's little diaper cake!

My mom had this surprise for us to open. The outfit is one that my grandmother Opal Leona made for me (Ava's name sake). And the pic is one that my mom had made of me before I was even a year old. Look at all that hair!

The wonderful hostesses that threw our shower and our awesome gift...the Baby Jogger City Select. I am SO excited about this stroller...and I LOVE all of these ladies!

Had to throw in a pic of the grandmothers! My mother (Ava's other name sake) is notorious for not opening her eyes in pics! Maybe little Ava will be able to help her grandma with some photo skills.
And here's the proud daddy! He's going to be such a good one!
We also had this little pic taken about a week ago. Let me just say...I am not a huge fan of these. I think most babies look the same in them and like they are covered in jello. Ours is no exception. Even though I love getting pics of my daughter, Trent and I both feel she kind of resembles something off Harry Potter in this pic. I accidentally put the really good one in her baby book tonight before I could scan it, so this one had to make the cut. She was actually breech the whole time (no matter how much sugar they tried to force down me), and she wanted to keep her head in the placenta-which made all the pictures cloudy. We thought the pic below was funny though because right before this was captured my mom said, "Ava- if you don't turn around where we can see you, I'm not going to buy you any more cute little outfits." She, in return, put her hand up by her face as if she were saying "Oh, no." So meet our future Harry Potter star or the next President of the U.S.!
In other good news: I passed my glucose test and Trent's on the straight A track in his Master's classes. I hope I don't jinx him by posting that!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Glad you are doing so well!!!! How precious is the dress!?!?! That is so neat! Looks like a great shower!